Sunday, October 16, 2016

Music is a Story


Music is a story. 
The story of our past,
Anticipated future,
Or what we hope will last. 

Sometimes a melody 
Takes me back to childhood
When magic was alive 
When fairies understood. 

When I used to be a pirate 
Sailing the seven seas
I was the queen of youth
In all her majesty. 

Sometimes a certain lyric
Makes me yearn for things to come
Wondering if love feels like
They say it in the the songs.

It makes me wish and dream 
And gently guard my heart
And hope the knife of life
Won't cut it all apart.

Sometimes music takes me
Out of the past or what's ahead
And causes me to live inside
This precious "now" instead. 

It frees me from the worries
The fears can disappear 
In one drift of harmony 
And all the darkness clears. 

Music is a story
Yours and mine and theirs.
All strung together in a thought
Of human nature's cares. 


No comments:

Post a Comment